- 2 pounds brussels sprouts, halved or quartered
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus 3 tablespoons
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons capers
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large shallot, minced
- One ounce of anchovies (I used about 6 out of an oil-packed jar of anchovies)
Preheat the oven to 425°. In a large bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts with 3 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread the Brussels sprouts on a large rimmed baking sheets and roast for about 45 minutes, stirring once or twice, until tender and charred in spots.
Toast the walnuts in a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside when done. To make the sauce, combine the remaining ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well combined and emulsified.
Mix the sauce in with the cooked Brussels sprouts and add the toasted walnuts. Don't add all of the sauce at once- you may not need it all.