- 3 1/2 cups shredded chicken (I usually boil the chicken if I don't have any already cooked)
- 4 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 cup blue cheese dressing (recommend home-made, recipe below)
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (recommend Frank's Red Hot)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 celery rib, finely diced
- salt and pepper
To make the blue cheese dressing:
In a food processor, combine 3/4 cup heavy cream with 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese or gorgonzola, 1/2 cup mayonaisse, and 2 tablespoons white vinegar. Blend and season with salt and pepper to taste. Use 1 cup for this recipe and save the remainder for salad dressing.
To make the dip:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a bowl, mix the chicken with the celery, cream cheese, and blue cheese dressing until well blended.
Add the hot sauce and stir to combine. Fold in 1/2 cup of the cheddar cheese. Pour the mixture into a small casserole or other baking dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. The perfect opportunity to use our new ceramic dish we got this year for Christmas, which also kept the dip nice and warm long after it was out of the oven.
Bake for about 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve with celery sticks and crackers or chips. Yum!