- 1 1/2 cups regular long grain rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 lime, halved
- 1 lb cooked shredded chicken or turkey
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced or grated ginger
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- sliced green onion for garnish
Prepare rice: In 3 cups boiling water, heat the rice, salt, and black pepper to boiling over high heat. Reduce to low; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir in parsley and juice from half of a lime and keep warm.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl mix together the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, cilantro, honey, curry powder, sesame oil, corn starch, and crushed red pepper. Add 1/2 water and mix until well combined.
In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over high heat. Add the sliced red pepper and green onion. Sprinkle in 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir frequently until the red peppers are tender and starting to turn golden.
Turn heat to medium. Add the soy sauce mixture and cook for 2 minutes. Mix in the chicken and stir to coat all of the chicken in the sauce.
Taste for salt and pepper, adding more if necessary. Cook for about 4-5 minutes longer. Serve hot over the rice and garnish with sliced green peppers and freshly squeezed lime juice.