- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, shelled
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- several dashes of dried red-pepper flakes (or more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 2-3 medium tomatoes (about 3/4 pound) chopped
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes in thick puree
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary, or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1/3 cup halved and pitted black olives
- fresh lemon, to squeeze on top (optional)
Heat a large skillet or frying pan to medium and add the oil. When it is hot, add the shrimp to the pan along with the salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and garlic. Stir and try to spread the shrimp out evenly. Stir occasionally until cooked through, about 4-5 minutes. Remove the shrimp with a slotted spoon.
Next, add the tomatoes, rosemary, capers, and olives to the pan. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 15 minutes. Meanwhile, start boiling your pasta water. Any type of pasta will do.
After the sauce has simmered, return the shrimp to the pan and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
Serve over pasta and garnish with additional rosemary and a squeeze of lemon.